20120111

John Pawson & His Visual Diary

One of my favorite architects, John Pawson is also a great photographer!
[ refer to my previous post ]

~isn't it so inspiring?
In a life spent almost constantly on the move, John Pawson is always looking for 
patterns, details, textures, spatial arrangements and coincidental moments 
that can inform his work as an architect and designer. 
Since acquiring a digital camera, he has amassed over 200,000 snapshots. 
The anthology of nearly 300 images in his latest book has been carefully culled from 
this massive visual diary. His book, 'Visual Inventory' will be available in March 2012.
[to pre-order the book click HERE

~XOXO*

10 comments:

Phoebe Limanta said...

I love seeing people who are passionate in their work that the can dedicate their life to it :) Very inspiring and amazing :)

martinealison said...

Très ingénieux...
gros bisous

www.janetteria.com said...

you are right...so inspiring!

Jan said...

Interesting little interview LNM - thanks for posting.
Although I did get distracted trying to figure out which compact camera he's using.(I think it's a Canon)
He's not a camera snob anyway.
:)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love it so true it can be a photo of the simplest of things....beauty is everywhere! Thanks for the intro to him.

Couture Carrie said...

Very cool!
Must buy this book!

xoxox,
CC

McVal said...

Way cool! Can't wait to check it out.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Phoebe,
I also always admire that quality in a person!

Jan,
good that you're so observant...
I think it's a Canon powershot S100?!

Frau,
I agree, and they are usually free as well! yay!

~Thank you ladies!

Susan said...

What a great idea - I'm curious to know if he's got prints of all those photographs... I suppose he can always build himself a big space to keep/show them all in? Curiously cool airport in your previous post (essential in such a hot climate!) xox

Cindy said...

love his work and the video. thank you & happy weekend!