20100508

Mommy Dearest!



.
So cuuuuute... ~I want to watch this film, now showing in theaters!
Anyway~my dear brother sent these sentiments via email...
I thought would be just perfect to share for this Mother's Day Weekend!
I wonder if any of you could relate to this?!

~Things Only a Mom* Can Teach~

My Mother taught me about ANTICIPATION:
"Just wait until your father gets home."

My Mother taught me about RECEIVING:
"You are going to get it when we get home!"

My Mother taught me to MEET A CHALLENGE:
"Answer me when I talk to you...Don't talk back to me!"

My Mother taught me LOGIC:
"Because I said so, that's why."

My Mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE:
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way."

My Mother taught me HUMOR:
"When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

My Mother taught me about GENETICS:
"You're just like your father."

My Mother taught me about my ROOTS:
"Do you think you were born in a barn?"

My Mother taught me about WISDOM OF AGE:
"When you get to be my age, you will understand."

My Mother taught me about JUSTICE:
"One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you. Then you'll see what it's like."

My mother taught me RELIGION:
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL:
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!"

My mother taught me FORESIGHT:
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident."

My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS:
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper!"

My mother taught me about WEATHER:
"It looks as if a tornado swept through your room."

My mother taught me THE CIRCLE OF LIFE:
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION:
"Stop acting like your father!"

My mother taught me about ENVY:
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do!"

-Written By Mikey's Funnies

36 comments:

Lola said...

Where would we be without all that marvelousssss maternal wisdom?

Have a fabuloussss weekend, darling Leonore!

XOXO LOLA:)

Lola said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lola said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lola said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tiffany Kadani said...

Hahahahhahahaahaha I laughed out loud at all of these.


And can i just say that when I saw your blog come up on my screen I got so happy. I just love your blog. Happy Saturday!

Tracie said...

Girl, I can relate to that all TOO well.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

mina said...

i just saw a promo for this saying that they filmed it as if they would film wildlife. i'm looking forward to watching this!

Kathysue said...

Lenore I have seen bits of this and the last pict of the goat drinking the bath water says it all . How similar but oh how different. Happy Mothers day to you,Kathysue

Saving Capulet said...

ohh cant wait for that movie its too cute!! <3 happy moms day to all!!

Mekkan said...

May we have peace on earth! Gee, thank you for sharing this. I love your post.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love it! Many of those things have come out of my mother's mouth!

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

Mothers are so wise! :)

Hoping you are having a lovely weekend my dear!
Bisous,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

This video is seriously too cute!
I love it.
You are so sweet.

LOVE!

Unknown said...

Great Mother's Day sentiments...all of it! Some of these my Mom used to say...and great horrors, some I find myself saying to my own kids today! eeek.

Sam said...

Hehehe! It's incredible to think that Mothers all over the world say these things! Where did they learn them from? So sweet that baby film! XOXO's

ilikestuff said...

Haha, so true! I love this post! Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there!

Karena said...

We have all heard these words so many times (or something similar!)
Happy Mother's Day All!

Karena
Art by Karena

Mary Ann said...

enjoyed reading your post...what a great tribute to all moms! the architectural pillows in your previous posts?...that was all my childhood i could remember...building castles out of pillows! you have a happy mother's day! verbena cottage

Mr H. said...

Blessed mother's day! Your pugs are fortunate to have u as their "mom" :)

drollgirl said...

my hairdresser JUST told me about this movie today! at least i think they are one and the same? it sounds fab, and i hope to see it soon.

hope you are having a super weekend!

Yelena R. said...

I really want to see this movie...sooo cute! Gah...i don't think I could handle the cuteness :)

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh my gosh I just loved that clip, so amazing and so interesting...and funny.

That list was pretty hysterical.

xoxo

IKS said...

ahhahahhahahha this "poem" is fantastic. so true. and i cried while reading, laughing and crying. love it. have to share it. wonderful video, i went all awwwwwwww. i think my clock is ticking and my mother instincts just kicked in a while ago.. so... but the text - made my day. love you!

www.janetteria.com said...

Soo cute!

wallspank said...

Haha, mum quotes are universal!

Laura Trevey said...

Happy day to you!!

xoxo Laura

Shining Windows said...

a very happy Mother's Day to you dear...sorry i have been absent of late, had a lot going on...love you,
donna

by Sutton said...

so cute! i want to see babies so badly.

have a great day!

Haute World said...

So all mothers are like that then? I wonder if there's a handbook wih phrases once you get a child (i.e. clever mom answers for dummies). Loved this! Hope you had a great weekend!

COCAMIA said...

Great post! The video made me a little teary eyed! Keep being so wonderful...xo

Kitty Stampede said...

this movie looks amazing!! thanks so much for sharing....and teehee to all these mama wisomey quotes!!! gotta love mums! xoxoxo
happy pug mothers day to you...heehee.
^-^

Iva Messy said...

Lenore I can not stop laughing!! these are UBER fantastic!! I hope your little furry ones are giving you lots of kissies today!!!! :) Happy Mother's Day Lenore..to you and your mama :)

Abigail Wise said...

This is adorable! OMG!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Thank you everyone!
Happy Mother's Day & Sunday!!
~Mwah*

Killara girl said...

ah yes, i believe that's who I got all my wisdom from ;) Happy Mother's day to you!

Julia said...

What maternal wisdom. this made me laugh.