20100609

Animal Planet~

Hellooo everyone, hope your mid-week has flown by nicely so far?
Recently I watched a short film, Snowy Owls by Elliott Kennerson.
It's so fascinating to learn new things about this magical creature.
(errr...& I dare to say CUTE!)
Do you know? ~The males are totally white, while the females and juveniles are
barred brown to mimic the ground of the arctic tundra where they roost.
.
I always thought that all Owls live in trees, but Snowy Owls actually breed
on the ground in the arctic tundra. In winter they fly south and congregate
in coastal and agricultural areas. While not all Snowy Owls migrate,
some have even flown as far south as the Caribbean! ~Amazzzing!
.
~awww...just look at that face!
How CUTE is that?!
.
...so is this lovely Snowy Owl print on chiffon!
.

For his Spring-Summer 2010 Collection, designer Christian Wijnants
was inspired by his love for owls~ click here to view his beautiful lookbook.
.
~XOXO*
.
-Photo: 'snowy owls' via Wild Bird

25 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous look and pics, darling L!
I am fascinated by owls :)

xoxox,
CC

Laura Trevey said...

Owls are so fascinating... I wish I could turn my head all the way around!!

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Laura,
haha...please don't do the 'Linda Blair' head turning action!

Tiffany Kadani said...

I love your love your animals. So contagious. I never would have thought to love owls but now I do!

Emma Jade said...

gosh that dress is beautiful!

Susan said...

Curiously beautiful birds - and unusual fabric print. Shame the dress doesn't have a cowl neck..

Jaime @ laviejaime said...

Such a beautiful creature! Interesting top.

Jill said...

Beautiful...I read a book last year about an owl and his owner. It was fabulous...what was it called?! Off to google...

Wesley the Owl

http://www.amazon.com/Wesley-Owl-Remarkable-Love-Story/dp/1416551735

Anonymous said...

I adore snowy owls! So graceful and mysterious.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Thanks Jill~
will check the link!

Beth Dunn said...

Look at those adorable owls! xoxo
SC

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

awww so cute owls! thanks for the animal planet moment. love it! xo

The Snarky Narwhal said...

white owls are gorgeous..

Cheryl Peters said...

I suddenly have the urge to say who...who...who...or should I say hoot...hoot...hoot?

Either way, here's hoping your Wednesday has you hooting and hollering!

Caroline said...

Ohhh I love snowy owls...but not so much on clothing ;)

Anonymous said...

I like owls. That owl is beautiful.



LOVE!

Bathwater said...

so the male owls just stand out then all white and pure?

McVal said...

I would totally make a dress out of that fabric too! Beautiful!

Unknown said...

cute bird looks soo pretty , and outfit also so cute

Fé... said...

The owl looks like Hedwig of Harry Potter's. Hahahaha. And to have it all pictured in a dress. Gosh... Kinda cool!

drollgirl said...

what a gorgeous and majestic bird! just lovely!!!

and and thank you so much for your comment -- i really appreciate it. :) and three cheers for your sister surviving it all!

Christina said...

beautiful photos of that owl. aren't they just amazing creatures?

Sam said...

Love, love owls of any description but the snowy owls and barn owls are just so wonderful. When I eventually buy my huge mansion and corresponding enormous grounds, I'm going to have several owls as pets! Well, that's the plan anyway! :0) Thank you so much too for that link to the film! The dress is so pretty! XOXO's

Kitty Stampede said...

i would totally rock it. ;)

Kitty Stampede said...

I WANT THAT DRESSS!!!!! Holy WOWS. it's beyond wonderful.