20090917

Lookin'UP*

... Singapore is a fast paced cosmopolitan city where western & eastern cultures constantly melded. A place where forms of almost every culture and people from around Asia can be found in this single island. However, in a city like Singapore that is constantly changing and renewing itself, it has become quite difficult to find places that have been left unchanged.... old buildings & architecture have become even more so preciousss...
.

~Old Singapore photos [via here]
.
... This weekend I have been invited to a formal dinner reception & guess what?! With the amount of clothessss & shoesss... I've brought, none screams FORMAL! So I was in search for the right evening 'FORMAL' dress today... I had tried on a few pieces, but being the usual picky-me, did not find any that 'suits my fancy!'. O'well... still have the next couple of days...I'm on a mission now to find the right dress to impress!!! A colleague here has asked me to check out Robinson's (a Dept store at Centre Point that carries some formal wear) ...errr nothing to be impressed really... BUT-Instead I found a more interesting place to wander...it's just next to the Dept Store. Yesss...Some great old buildings! Which I guess have been spared from demolition- & well-preserved as well!
.
~Take a look okie*
errrrr...more like LOOKing UP !!!
That was what I did when I took these photos...
here are just some of them :
.




" You like Darrrlingsss...??? "
.
~Well...You better LOVE them!
cos' looking up & taking picturesss in this
hot-humid location are not that easy-
you know...especially on certain part of the body!
.
.
errr-errr...
just hope I won't need this
by tomorrow!
...whahahah*
.
...Still exploring & 'looking-up' in Singapore
~xoxo*
.
- 'Old Windows' Photo ©LENORENEVERMORE

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another batch of gorgeous photos! Let us know when you find your dress! Don't get something with a big fancy collar. Just incase you need that neckbrace.

Unknown said...

Good luck on finding it. Can we get a photo of "the dress"?

Love the architecture! Thanks for the photos :)

Gigi Thibodeau said...

I know so little about the architecture in Singapore that this is like a mini history/architecture lesson for me (except way more fun than school lessons ever were). I love it!!

Can't wait to see the dress you find! xoxo

Amy said...

Ooooh, those pics are amazing! I love both old & new architecture...

cannot wait to see the outfit you pick out for this formal event! yay!

www.janetteria.com said...

I love old photos very much. :-)

XoXo

jdavissquared said...

I love the colors! Good luck finding a dress!

McVal said...

Gorgeous! Good luck on your shopping! I hope you take a picture and show us what you get!

Magdalena said...

Love the pictures and your post is very interesting Lenore, but the bottom line is I WANT to see that formal dress when you get it ...please please please post a pic of it!! :)
xoxo
Bunny
I wish I had a formal affair this weekend, I have a dinner party I'm going to, I should show up in an Armani gown, that would be fun!!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Fabulous color and architecture to the buildings! I love the "old" and so glad you could find some. Now I'm waiting to see this formal!!

Jan said...

I also love these, and I too wish to see a pic of whatever outfit you decide to get for the impending formal - BUT with you in it ! (yeah like that's going to happen)
Re Charlie's comment yesterday - it's true you are a nutter (correct English spelling if you're not a Cockney) and that is why we love you Lenore
(well one of the reasons) x

Sam said...

I kinda love the modern here - it's so very modern and sci-fi looking and clean!! Old is good too though - lovely photos - pretty colours! Best of luck with your formal attire hunting - don't forget to show us will you? XX

A Whimsical Girl Named Debbie said...

Beautiful photos! Can't wait to see the dress!
http://girlwhimsy.blogspot.com

Gabbi said...

Sounds like such fun Lenore!!! It's horrible having to last-minute shop but at least it's a good excuse to wonder around. Hope you find the perfect dress in time.♥

Simply Colette said...

Those are cool photos. Don't hurt yourself dear! :) nothing like a mission for the perfect dress. Xoxo :)

Laura Trevey said...

love the window photos...
pretty enough to Paint !!

xo laura

Annie Spandex said...

Haa, I just love your sense of humor :)

Kitty Stampede said...

These are AMAZING Lenore!! I hope your neck is okie!!! What beautiful architecture. that is one of my fav parts of travelling,besides the food..is looking at the unique styles of building etc.

Y

bananas. said...

those buildings are so glam! did you find your formal wear?

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

You know we love them. Keep 'em comin'!!

Joyce said...

I hope you find the perfect dress, but may I suggest to stay at eye level. smile... I love the photos! Have a golden weekend my friend. xoxo

Angela said...

gorgeous. have you gone shopping yet? are you going to visit santosa island? i think it's santosa.

sofiasophie said...

ohoh
I hope you'll find the formal dress, and I'd die to see a photo and a post!
looking at old singapore, it was beautifull!

debra@dustjacket said...

Outa your neck brace yet darling. Taking one for the blogworld .. well done. I loved your pictures!!
xoxo
hope you have found a dress.

the NEO-traditionalist said...

I'm going to start looking up now! So glad I found your blog---it's such an inspiration. Keep it up, can't wait to see what you share with us next!
XX Kate "the NEO-trad"

Shining Windows said...

I love love love them!!!

daisychain said...

love the photos, have a fab weekend lovely x

muchlove said...

I love the building pictures! I always find it interesting comparing a city's landscape in the past with what it's like now.
Thanks for sharing these pics, dear. Have a great weekend!

Keith said...

Great photos. I enjoyed seeing these. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Cheers!

Couture Carrie said...

Such gorgeous photos, darling! Wow ~ Singapore is lovely!

xoxox,
CC

Haute World said...

Love the colonial buildings in Asia! You're right though... unfortunately there are so few of them still left, with all the high-rises they're building. Good luck finding a formal dress! Perhaps you should look into getting one tailored? You could even get a traditional cheon-sam... they're quite stunning! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

shopping in another city is the best way to shop.

love the old building photos - very much worth neck pains (so long as they aren't too bad) =)

Kitty said...

i want to go to singapore! loved, loved your photos. i have a thing for doors. thanks for stopping by zen of homekeeping! peace, kitty.

Syed said...

Oh my those historical photographs are absolutely stunning! Hope you manage to find the perfect dress :)

Aline said...

those buildings are beautiful....happy hunting!

designerman said...

those are gorgeous!