20090914

Pure Alluring Sunshine*




I find this shop ~so fascinating!
they were selling 'pure sunshine*'
.
24 Karat Sunshine* darlingsss...
.
... It is quite an uncertain times we live in... Perhaps time like this one should turn to jewelry with truly enduring value. In the age of the artificial, the over-hyped and the 'unreliable', there are only a few things that truly endure: pure-pure-pure 24 Karat GOLD! I'm sure you've seen how the price of gold had risen over the years! ~Well-well-well...here in Singapore or most other Asian countries, they invest/purchase & wear not the typical 18K or 14K gold jewelry... they go for the purest 24K gold! Have you ever wondered why gold jewelry is so popular and desirable, not to mention expensive? A look into the fascinating history of gold reveals how people of every culture, time period, and nation have fought wars and built fortunes based on the allure of gold... Pronounced as symbol of wealth and power since ancient times, gold still proves to be one of the most coveted metals today. Chances are the rings on our finger is marked 18K, 14K, or 10K, with the K standing for karat - the system used to describe the percentage of pure gold an item contains. Basically the higher the karat number, the higher the percentage of gold in the gold jewelry ...ooohhh I spoted a simple thick band ring that has my name on it...errr I might go back & get it, can't wait forever for a man to buy it for me! well, you know...~whahhh*
.
" Have a Golden* New Week darlingsss...
errr...any karat would just do... "

~XOXO*

Photo ©LENORENEVERMORE at People's Park, Singapore

38 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pieces! Great artistry. I don't have any gold jewelry. Maybe one day. LOL.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Right up my alley, Miss Lenorenevermore!! I love gold jewelry..sell enough of the beautiful baubles. I am finding more and more that in hard economic times, people will spend for the real deal and pass the costume pieces. Such a wise investment that will last for some time & can be passed down. Happy sunshine week to you!!!

Gigi Thibodeau said...

Fabulous! That shop looks like a little piece of heaven to me. xoxo

Mr H. said...

I don't mind being sunburned by them :)

Unknown said...

24K! I don't own 24K, never knew they made it. It's like being closer to heaven :)

Amy said...

go back and buy that ring! life is way too short! happy monday, girl!

Couture Carrie said...

Those necklaces are exquisite! I say treat yourself, darling L!

xoxox,
CC

drollgirl said...

well you are PURE GOLD for sure!

and those first few shots almost remind me of some of gerhard richter's abstract paintings. lovely!

Jeannette Mariae said...

Same to you, dear Lenore. You are the gold ;-)

Teri said...

Ooooh, I would love some golden sunshine to hang around my neck or wrap around my finger.

Iva Messy said...

ohh such lovely pictures!!

I think you should get it :0) Treat yourself, its a great 'investment', pure gold, for a lovely lady of pure gold herself!

Happy Monday!

McVal said...

LOVELY! Now I can see why my gold-tone stuff is so cheap to buy...

Phoenix said...

Now if only they could BOTTLE sunshine...I'd take it with me everywhere I go.

Jan said...

Ahh - you should have rings on your fingers !
(and bells on your toes maybe)
nah, that would be way noisy when you're bouncing on the hotel bed :)

Winnie said...

Asian jewellers are incredible. All that gold and jade everywhere!

aurbie said...

I had to put my sun glasses on for this post.

Sam said...

Oooh love these!! 24k gold looks so wonderful - and I adore the way they have them displayed - so opulent and over the top! I think if I was there I would have to buy something!! Gorgeous photos - the colours are stunning! XX

Anthony said...

If only you could find a 24K gold, automated luxury toilet... You'd NEVER leave the bathroom! ;)

I say, go ahead and splurge a little! We only have ONE life, after all... Besides, you don't need a man to buy you jewelry. It's more than likely he would just get it wrong, anyway!

Anthony said...

P.S. - I was, of course, referring to the infamous TOTO toilet that you encountered not too long ago!

Diana said...

I love the first photo!

Diana said...

i mean, i love them all, but the first is my fave!

Kitty Stampede said...

I'm more of a silver gal myself but can see why other people dig "heehee" gold.
very cool shots.

Aline said...

very interesting!

go back and get it!!!

ticklishfromadistance said...

What a great post. Looks so wonderful to me.

josie(bean) said...

oooo la la, fancy! i love gold, so obviously that place is my idea of heaven :D haha

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh wow, your having too much fun over there my darling.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

How stunning! I love jewelry shopping! These photos are superb!

Angela said...

for the longest time i can only wear 24k gold on my ear.

Karen said...

Oh my.. my eyes are getting blinded by all that gold jewelry! I do love all gold but especially white gold- what's your take on white gold? ;)

Ela said...

You go get that ring, you deserve it girly!
My grandfather gave me a 24K ring from one of his travels...sadly, it's no longer round, LOL, I somehow managed to get the ring stuck on a door jam and yanked...since the gold is so soft it bent it up pretty badly. Luckily, the face/design of the ring was untouched.
Can't wait to see your piece of sunshine :)

mochalatte said...

ahhh~~ gold~~ need a pair of sunnies~~ but it's quite a passe for Singapore's youngsters, though traditions are passed down eg weddings..btw tanks for droppin by to our humble land and sharing these unfound experiences wif us..i love to see your entries =D

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Thank you darlingsss...glad everyone had the golden sunshine feeling!
~XO*

Dallas Shaw said...

love that second necklace
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i love the red. it's brilliant

Anonymous said...

I'm a silver, white gold, and platinum girl myself - love those silver tones - but do hope you go back and snag that ring. You'll regret it if ya don't!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

WOW, the glitzy gorgeous gold of it all. So pretty!

Travel Blog said...

Hello ! Your blog is so nice !!! thank you for visiting my blog and put a comment !!! Have a good day !!!

Anonymous said...

Ah! How I miss Singapore! I love your new header!