20120216

Retail Concept - COMME des GARÇONS

More discoveries & observations in Tokyo:
Comme des Garcons' Trading Museum is another retail venture 
from the artistic fashion forward label headed by Rei Kawakubo.
Interesting use of antique wooden curio cabinets in this modern retail space.
Well, it's part museum & part retail I should say. Certainly a new era of
curiously retail engagement! The antique cabinets were once used in 
the London's famous V&A Museum! Do you notice the store logo sign? 
I like how it's simply wrapped around the sharp corner column
To read more about this creative retail concept you may click here*

‎" Taste is relative, but to be positive and vital 
it must respect the past, accept the present
 and look forward with enthusiasm to the future."-Eleanor McMillen Brown
~XOXO*

 -Photo ©LENORENEVERMORE

15 comments:

Diana Mieczan said...

Pretty awesome, ideed:) Have a wonderful day, dear. xo

Tiffany Kadani said...

Neat! I'd definitely feel like I was getting an education while doing some retail therapy. Love that idea!

McVal said...

Cool!

www.janetteria.com said...

Awhhh, how cool!

"\(*-*)/"

Couture Carrie said...

Very cool shop!
Thanks for sharing these pics, darling L!

xoxox,
CC

Jessica said...

Looks so wonderful. Wish I were there.

KristiMcMurry said...

I love the way they've displayed everything! And that's so neat that those cabinets were once in a museum. It gives the place quite a bit of character.

Angela said...

It is been a while since I thought of Comme des Garcons. It is still rather snazzy.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Nice!!

Jan said...

Beautiful cabinets!
Don't see any keys.
Wonder how they open.
(speaking as a retail person here)
:)

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Jan,
hee...your curiosity made me smile!
forgive me, I should have asked!
;)

~Thank you ladies!

Mistress Maddie said...

Thanks for taking us with you again! I love that they used old and new. Old and new meddled together always makes a intresting space and non-boring environ. I remember when Comme des Garcons used to be popluar here in the states. I wonder why they aren't so much anymore?

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Maddie,
I know right... she was, especially in the early 90s!
I think she still has fanatic followers among the fashion community & art world. Fashion can be quite fickle, one min you're in the next min you're out! However, I do admire her fashion, she always 'colors outside the line' so to speak.

Sam said...

It's like a Victorian museum! Gorgeous!

Jacob said...

amazing.