20080916

FANplASTIC






" mmm...told you, I am gonna be an icon someday, and that someday is today..and forever more will be... heehee... " ~ BARBIE
.
... That's right girlfriend...even parts of your plastic-fantastic body are now works of art b...tch! heehee... Who doesn't have this love-hate relationship with Barbie right?! I remember the first time I got mine...loving her and there were also those moments when I chopped off all her synthetic hair...screaming my lungs out, " I hate you bimbo! I hate youuuu!!! " and dumped her in a toilet bowl. Well, I think I was dreaming of becoming a world famous hairstylist then...hee! Ahh...what a sweet innocent child I really was...hee! I'm glad to announce that I have matured wisely and has become part of a productive member of society. Now, I just simply chop off my own hair and scream in the middle of a busy street...I'm quite consistent and dangerous that way...hwahaha!
.
All kidding aside, like it or not Barbie is truly an icon and she definitely has a fascinating, plastic-fantastic history. New york artist, MARGAUX LANGE from New York(oh dear... I'm doing a Barbie now, hee!) makes these fantastic jewelery from many parts of Barbie dolls. LENORENEVERMORE likes the surreal and sometimes quirky jewelery. Anyway what is fashion without a little bit of whimsy and fun...yay! The artist herself describes her art work as "wearing the body on body". Fanplastic!!! Can someone please hit me with a plastic object if I say one more 'fantastic'?!! heehee...
.
PICTURES COURTESY OF MARGAUX LANGE CLICK HERE FOR HER WEBSITE
.

20 comments:

designerman said...

i just added you to my wonderful list of blog support. thanks again for the great mention. r

Stompface said...

Whoa!

those really trip me out.

cool blog!

Anonymous said...

Creepy yet fantasic! Hit me now, hahaha!!! :)

enc said...

Those necklaces are pretty surreal! I like the idea of Barbie Deconstructed.

Anne said...

I love how you write and convey your messages it's hlllarious!

Anonymous said...

Wow this is really such a cool idea! there's so many creative people out thereee!

itsbowietime said...

those are amazing. They look like something that would be sold at the store I work at. coool I like the boobs one the best.

*indie_queen* said...

They are quite bizarre! I never got on well with Barbie, or rather she never got on well with me. She'd never do what I told her. Hmm

RiverMist said...

that's amazing! I love it, ou are going under my fav.

Anonymous said...

that's FANPLASTIC!!!
hahaha....now I can call afew people i know with that! they r so 'barbie' you know...
:)

Amelia said...

Wow, those are really frightening. I like the one with the arms.

bea said...

You are sooo witty...so I read...but I give fanplastic a pass...not sure about wearing decapitated parts..even if they were a plastic doll..and nicely made...just the thought of it....uuuurrrgggghhh...

Dorkys R. said...

This is so cool and creepy at the same time. I think I had over twenty something Barbies growing and they'd each get branded with a number on their thigh. Then I'd get in deep trouble if I cut off her hair even though the hair was supposed to "grow" back!

Either way, nice blog!

RiverMist said...

yo are doing good for a new blog,
congrats

bea said...

how you write is witty and funny.....but the idea to wear decapitate parts...although it is a plastic doll is too creepy......no...no fanplastic......a step too close to the other side...

Ms. Bar B: said...

Wow! That jewlery is very interesting. Its making all kinds of statements, good job for the artist who created them.

Isabel said...

I really really like that 'boob heart' necklace. So bizarre and creative!

Jacek said...

Ones I went for a trip to Senegal and The Gambia (West Africa) and I visited Woo-doo village - I saw there almost the same creepy things. It's scary.

Jacek said...

Once I went to Senegal and the Gambia for a trip. I visited Woo-doo village and I saw creepy things like that... It is scary...

POPI by Paula said...

I love this!!
kisses
Paula