20080826

LANDED HERE















After a few previous postings/comments on Beijing (the usual this & that of China...) LENORENEVERMORE has decided to skip a few islands and landed here in Japan's cultural centre, Kyoto. I just discovered recently (yes!...as in a few minutes ago!) that Kyoto was Japan's capital until it moved to Tokyo in 1868. (anyone knows this? I Did not know that...thought SANRIO as in Hello Kitty was the capital...heehee !) That's how little I know about history! not much I'm afraid...(still learning more each day,amen!). The good thing is that I happened to find this elegant, tranquil...and charming OKU restaurant in Kyoto...

Whattt...!? Don't worry, LENORENEVERMORE is not about to start becoming a food critic... would just leave that to all the hard-core foodies blogs out there... This simple old me is practically contented with just a 'store bought instant noodle' and call it a day...(hee!). This isn't so much about OKU's food and its fine cuisine or even the art of cooking, but rather an observation on aesthetics and its galore-glory. Get ready...it's about to get super serious & deeper here...Nah...(never! but,never say never?). If you may, scroll up, wayyy... up on the top page, you'll find some wordings just below the LENORENEVERMORE's 'office sign' (sorry, it might not be so clear to read...) Anyhow, it says; "Respect the past, Admire the new, Love the present"(see it?). Well, OKU's design aesthetic embodies the same kind of spirit...personally, this is how I would like to live my daily life... well at least I am trying...very hard hee!

As far as I know, like any developing countries in Asia especially, I think many have or still struggle with an interesting kind of 'tension' between westernization and tradition. OKU's decor/design simply has the right balance of both. Tension isn't such a bad word afterall...just the right amount I guess....the result is very contemporary indeed...indeed (see my post subject: 'Indeed-indeed' to get this subtle sarcasm!). Wait...I found another BIG word; juxtaposition, that's right! Indeed...indeed...heehee! Anyway, observe the entrance of the restaurant, love it! the lacquer tray shape and size, love it! The window and the Japanese garden view...luv, luv, love...it!!! OK...I think that's enough 'LOVE' for today... Later guys and don't forget to spread the looove today!



OKU 's WEB IN JAPANESE LANGUAGE & NO ENGLISH SUBTITLES CLICK HERE
TO ADD SOME 'JAPANESE FLAVOR' TO YOUR LIFE CLICK HERE
CYNICAL/SARCASM ' INDEED...INDEED...' CLICK HERE


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the OKU look! Want to recreate my own little home to emulate Oku's style and simplicity in design and aesthetics. Keep up the good work, love what you've 'landed' upon... good find.

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

thanks Debie!(I know it's u...)
welcome to LENORENEVERMORE LAND!!

heehee!